Tram 5 was one of the original trailer cars delivered for the steam tramway as an unnumbered trailer in 1884. It was one of six that were converted to powered electric tramcars in 1896. The other five were replaced in 1904 by the trailers that had been commissioned by Coventry Electric Tramways in 1896. Tram 5 was withdrawn in 1915 after severe fire damage.
4-wheel double deck open top cars on Peckham cantilever trucks with 2 Westinghouse 17 hp motors and Westinghouse controllers
Upper deck seats arranged longitudinally as a knifeboard
Upper deck: 28 seats Lower saloon: 26 seats
Transferred from Coventry Electric Tramways Company in 1912
Withdrawn after severe fire damage