When Coventry Corporation Transport Department took over the tramway system in 1912, Car 42 was under construction in the workshops of the former Coventry Electric Tramways Company. Tram 42 was subsequently completed in the following year and was the only tramcar built in-house.
|Manufacturer||Coventry Electric Tramways/Coventry Corporation|
4-wheel double deck open top cars with platform canopies on Peckham pendulum truck with 2 Westinghouse 30 hp motors and Dick, Kerr DB1-K3 controllers with run-back preventers and notch regulators to restrict up the power build up
Upper saloon: 28 seats Lower saloon: 22 seats.