The details of trams described in this section have been assembled mainly from information described by Denton and Groves, with other details extracted from Peter Gould and Keith Turner. Information described by Ken Crawley has been used to validate the information from the other sources. Other information sources have also been used to verify specific details.
On January 1st 1912, Coventry Corporation Transport Department took over forty one tramcars plus one, Car 42, that was under construction in the workshops of the former Coventry Electric Tramways Company. Tram 42 was subsequently completed in the following year and was the only tramcar built in-house.
 A S Denton and F P Groves, Coventry Transport 1884-1940, BTHG (1985)
 Peter Gould, Coventry Corporation Transport Tram Fleet History in Local Transport History (www.petergould.co.uk/local_transport_history)
 Keith Turner, Directory of British Tramways Volume 2, The History Press (2009)
 Ken Crawley, The Electric Tramcars of Coventry in The History and Industrial Archaeology of Coventry Tramways (www.coventrytramways.co.uk)