Except where otherwise stated, these buses arrived in April 1941, after the Holy Week air raids. Coventry Corporation fleet number 34 had already been allocated to a hired bus from Southend and so Bolton fleet number 34 had the figure 4 painted out to make it fleet number 3. Otherwise, the existing fleet numbers were retained. 21, 22 and 24 were originally on hire to London Passenger Transport Board, 15 and 17 were originally on hire to BMMO (Midland Red). The remainder were hired directly from Bolton.
|Model||Leyland Titan TD4c|
Double deck with Massey bodywork
§ Roberts bodywork
Leyland engine (unknown capacity)
Upper saloon: 28 seats Lower saloon: 24 seats
|CCT No||Fleet No||Built||Reg No||Notes|
|15||15||1935||WH6857||Returned to Bolton in July 1944|
|17||17||1935||WH6859||Probably arrived in June 1941*.
Returned to Bolton in January 1944
|21||21||1936||WH6863||Arrived in March 1941. Probably returned to BMMO in May 1942|
|22||22||1936||WH6864||Arrived in March 1941. Returned to Bolton in April 1944|
|24||24||1936||WH6866||Arrived in March 1941. Transferred to Grimsby in June 1943|
|3||34||1936||WH7810||Returned to Bolton in December 1943|
|36||36||1936||WH7812||Arrived in February 1942. Returned to Bolton in March 1944|
|39||39||1936||WH7815||Arrived in February 1942. Returned to Bolton in April 1944|
|41||41||1936||WH7817||Returned to Bolton in June 1943|
|42||42||1936||WH7818||Returned to Bolton in June 1943|
|43||43||1936||WH7819||Returned to Bolton in January 1944|
|44||44||1936||WH7820||Transferred to Grimsby in June 1943|
* References ,  and  (on the Foreign index page) give the dates for Ashton-under-Lyne No 17 as on hire in Coventry from April 1941 for two months. Reference  gives the date for the arrival of Bolton No 17 as April 1941, while the other references are not specific. It is almost inconceivable that CCT would have run two buses with the same fleet number at the same time. Reference  cites Bolton number 17 as originally on hire to BMMO, so it is probable that it did not arrive in Coventry until after the Ashton-under-Lyne bus left in June 1941.