Together with the buses from Southend, these were the first wartime buses hired by Coventry Corporation. They were hired in July 1940 to make good the shortfall in the delivery of new buses, but were not used in anger until after the November 14 air raid. There was no conflict between the fleet numbers and existing Coventry Corporation fleet numbers and so the original fleet numbers were retained.
Double deck with United bodywork
AEC petrol engine (unknown capacity)
Upper saloon: 25 seats Lower saloon: 23 seats
|CCT No||Fleet No||Built||Reg No||Notes|
|27||27||1931||EX2874||Probably returned in 1946|