In the late 1930s, Coventry Corporation Transport operated offices in Priory Row. After the destruction of the Market Street Premises, the cash office was transferred to Priory Row, which also served as a wages office. It replaced a previously used building in Priory Row that had been the old Bluecoat school. The Priory Row offices closed when the facilities were transferred to Hill Top in 1950.
In September 1949 a two storey building in Hill top was leased and canteen facilities were opened for the use of CCT staff. The following year, the Cash Office, Wages and Traffic Reporting functions were transferred to Hill Top from Priory Row.