The details of trams described in this section have been assembled mainly from information described by Denton and Groves, with other details extracted from Peter Gould and Keith Turner. Information described by Ken Crawley has been used to validate the information from the other sources. Other information sources have also been used to verify specific details.
After the failure of the steam tram venture in 1893, Coventry Electric Tramways Limited (incorporated as the Coventry Electric Tramways Company in 1897) began operations at the end of 1895, with four new four-wheel electric tramcars and the existing six trailer cars using the existing tramlines. The original six trailer cars were re-numbered 5 to 10 and were later converted from bogie trailers to four-wheel electric tramcars.
 A S Denton and F P Groves, Coventry Transport 1884-1940, BTHG (1985)
 Peter Gould, Coventry Corporation Transport Tram Fleet History in Local Transport History (www.petergould.co.uk/local_transport_history)
 Keith Turner, Directory of British Tramways Volume 2, The History Press (2009)
 Ken Crawley, The Electric Tramcars of Coventry in The History and Industrial Archaeology of Coventry Tramways (www.coventrytramways.co.uk)