These were the only post-war Maudslay buses built at the Parkside works. In effect, they were AEC Regent IIIs badged up as Maudslays. They bore both Maudslay chassis numbers and AEC chassis numbers. Maudslay, along with Crossley, had been absorbed into AEC in 1948 as part of the ACV group. It is reputed that they were supplied to the Corporation to pay off a rates debt, probably owing from the period immediately prior to the merger, when business may not have been buoyant.
|Model||Maudslay Regent III|
Double deck with MCCW bodywork
AEC 9.6 Litre engine
Upper saloon: 31 seats Lower saloon: 27 seats