The sixteen Daimler CVD6 single deckers were all delivered in 1949. They replaced the entire fleet of pre-war single deckers and were more comfortably furnished than the double deckers to attract private hire business. By the time they were introduced, the only route where double deckers did not run was Service 19 to Berkswell, but single deckers were often used for off-peak running on other routes, notably Service 9 as shown. GKV107 is seen here at Pool Meadow and had probably just come off service.
This photograph was supplied by Geoff Cowley, taken in the early 1960s