One of three Leyland Cubs delivered in 1936, together with the first Daimler COG5/40 to operate the rural Services 17 to Baginton, 18 to Burton Green and 19 to Berkswell. The routes were purchased from S A Smith (Baginton) and Bunty Motorways (Burton Green and Berkswell), but no buses were transferred, hence the need for new buses. No 144 is seen here at the Baginton terminus, outside the Baginton Oak. Two of them eventually replaced the Dennis 30-cwts on Service 10 to Burton Green. All three were replaced by Daimler COG5/40s two years later.
This photograph was supplied by Geoff Cowley, printed from a negative loaned to him by Alf Owen in the early 1960s.